To make dough
All purpose flour - 4 cups
Yeast - 1/2tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/3 cup
Salt - pinch
Egg - 1
Warm water - to make dough
Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cinnamon - 2 tsp
Raisin, walnuts - 1/2 cup
Butter - 4tsp
Powdered Sugar - 2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1tsp
Hot water - 3tsp
To make Cinnamon Rolls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface in to circle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and walnuts raisins and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time
- Until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.