Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Paal paniyaram


   Ingredients
Raw rice (jasmine rice or pacha arisi) : 1 cup
Urud dal : 3/4 cup
Coconut : 1 full coconut  (can make it in coconut powder, cow milk also)
Sugar : 1 cup
Cardamom : 1

To make Coconut milk
  • Cut the coconut in to small pieces 
  • Grind it in the mixi with 4 to 5 cups of water
  • Filter the coconut milk in separate bowl 
  • Add sugar and cardamom mix it well and keep it aside
                      or
To make coconut milk from Coconut powder
  • Mix the 1/2 cup of coconut powder in 1 1/2 cup of warm water
  •  Add sugar and cardamom mix it well and keep it aside
                      or
To make from Cow milk 
  • Boil the milk, add sugar and cardamom  

To make paal paniyaaram
  • Soak the rice and urud dal for 3 hours
  • Grind it in mixi or grinder like Idly batter

  • Heat the oil in kadai
  • Keep the flame in low to medium
  • Make sure oil should not get over heated
  • Take the batter in hand and put in the oil like small round balls
  • Once the paniyaram balls has cooked, take it out of the oil and place it immediately in the warm water.
  • Filter it warm water and take the paniyaram out. 
  • Add the paniyaram to the coconut milk and serve it

Note : If paal paniyaram is made with coconut milk, complete it soon as it may get spoiled quickly.

4 comments:

  1. This is my all time favourites! I take this almost like 3 meals a day, whenever my mom or ammaachi used to prepare... Am goin to try this sweet tomo n wil give u the feedback :) wish me good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Thanks for trying my recipes, all the best. once you did tell me how it came for you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ma'am! I tried this sweet today. I got shocked when the ball started to pop off while frying. My aunt used to say it's a scary dish :P I personally experienced it today. I followed the exact proportion for the batter. Did I go somewhere wrong? Could u plz clarify my doubts, so that I can rectify next time n prepare successfully?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi iam sorry for late reply, ya what ever u said is correct it will pop off, while making paniyaram u need keep the flame in medium or slow and then make paniyaram, and then oil should not get over heated.

    ReplyDelete